1. WWF SummerSlam 1991
The winner and undisputed #1 on this list … the greatest SummerSlam of all time is the WWF SummerSlam 1991 PPV. Period. Every expert, historian, dirt sheet writer & journalist in the Professional Wrestling business agrees that this is the one and it doesn’t get any better than this one, spoken SummerSlam-wise of course.
The entire PPV was entertaining from start till the end and didn’t have a single second that could be referred to as “bad” or “boring”. This SummerSlam had it all, great technical matches, great powerhouse matches, great Legends, great Gimmicks, The Road Warriors winning their first championship in the WWF, The Mountie spending the night in jail, Virgil finally getting revenge on his former Boss, then ‘The Match Made In Hell’ that saw Hulk Hogan & The Ultimate Warrior as a Tag Team, and last but certainly not least ‘The Match Made In Heaven’ where The Macho Man & Miss Elizabeth got married.
While Jake Roberts & The Undertaker were missing on the card that night, they had their moment at the end of the PPV, when they crashed the wedding celebration, attacked the groom and scared the bride.
Altogether this was by far the best and most complete one of all SummerSlams and since it’s safe to say that the glory days of professional wrestling are long gone and will certainly never come back, that isn’t ever going to change!
01. British Bulldog & Ricky Steamboat & Texas Tornado defeated The Warlord & Power and Glory
02. WWF Intercontinental Title: Bret Hart defeated Mr. Perfect (c)
03. Natural Disasters defeated The Bushwhackers
04. Million Dollar Title: Virgil defeated Ted DiBiase
05. Jailhouse Match: The Big Bossman defeated The Mountie
06. WWF Tag Titles – Street Fight: Legion Of Doom defeated Nasty Boys (c)
07. Irwin R. Schyster defeated Greg Valentine
08. Handicap Match: Hulk Hogan & Ultimate Warrior defeated Sgl. Slaughter & Col. Mustafa & Gen. Adnan
09. The Wedding