• OLD SCHOOL VIDEO HISTORY (February 27, 1993) – WCW Worldwide
On this day in 1993, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WCW Worldwide’.
This episode was pre-taped at the Georgia Mountains Center in Gainesville, Georgia and featured matches, interviews & storyline segments on the road to the “WCW Slamboree 1993: A Legends’ Reunion” PPV.
The card of the show can be found here:
– Paul Orndorff vs. Bobby Baker
– Vinnie Vegas vs. Rob Morgan
– Vinnie Vegas Interview
– Maxx Payne vs. Johnny B. Badd
– WCW TV Title Tournament R1: Shanghai Pierce vs. Robbie V (RVD)
– Steve Austin, Brian Pillman & Heavenly Bodies vs. Ricky Steamboat, Shane Douglas & Rock & Roll Express
– Van Hammer calls out Vinnie Vegas
• Vince McMahon Not In Favour Of Upcoming Heel Turn Plan
According to The Dirty Sheets, current plan for Shane McMahon & The Miz is for Shane to turn heel on Miz at FastLane 2019 (in Miz’s hometown) and then face each other in a singles match at WrestleMania 35.
With FastLane PPV not that far away, Vince McMahon is starting to question this plan. While Vince is in favor of The Miz turning babyface, he’s doesn’t like the idea of Shane turning heel and doesn’t believe fans will cheer for The Miz over Shane O’Mac.
On the other hand, Shane has requested a heel turn for himself as he’s very interested in doing that.
A plan was suggested to Vince where Shane & Miz would recapture the SmackDown Tag Team Titles and move forward as a babyface tag team into WrestleMania 35, but Vince doesn’t believe a Tag Team Title match is a marketable WrestleMania match.
Vince wants both Shane & Miz in key WrestleMania spots and still wants to do Shane McMahon vs. The Miz.
Vince has thought about doing something that’s very predictable – Miz turning heel on Shane, but WWE creative team members are against that move as that will put them years back on the journey of turning The Miz babyface again.
WATCH: Nikki Bella Almost Suffers Nip Slip During Live Video: