• OLD SCHOOL HISTORY (March 8, 1997) – WCW Saturday Night
On this day in 1997, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WCW Saturday Night’.
This episode was pre-taped in Rome, Georgia and featured matches & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WCW Uncensored 1997’ PPV.
The card of the show can be found here:
– Squire David Taylor vs. “Hacksaw” Jim Duggan
– Roadblock vs. Larry Santo
– Ice Train vs. Buddy Lee Parker
– Super Calo vs. Prince Iaukea
– JL vs. Glacier
– Jim Powers & “Hardwork” Bobby Walker vs. Harlem Heat
– Billy Kidman vs. “Diamond” Dallas Page
– Kevin Sullivan vs. Tim Cheeks
– La Parka & Galaxy vs. Public Enemy
– “Total Package” Lex Luger vs. Maxx Muscle
WATCH: WWE Doctor Touches Stephanie McMahon’s Juggs:
• 2 WWE Stars Turn Down Multi-Million Dollar Contracts, Set To Leave WWE
According to PWInsider, former RAW Tag Team Champions and current SmackDown Live Tag Team Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson (together known as Good Brothers) have turned down multi-million dollar contracts from WWE.
Gallows & Anderson’s contracts expire in September 2019 and they’re set to leave WWE after that.
Gallows & Anderson are brought to TV tapings every week, but aren’t used much on SmackDown TV. They used to compete at WWE Live Events, but WWE officials have pulled them from House Shows as well after they didn’t agree to sign new contracts.
While they are being offered good money, they are adamant on leaving WWE because they aren’t happy with how they have been used in the company.
WWE used Gallows & Anderson to start “Botch Club” video series, but that idea was cancelled after the premiere episode.