• Sting Made His WWE In-Ring Debut & Hulk Hogan Made His Last WWE PPV Appearance 3 Years Ago Today
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on March 29, 2015, WrestleMania 31 took place.
This event featured Sting’s WWE in-ring debut and his only WrestleMania match, The Undertaker’s first appearance on WWE programming after his WrestleMania Streak ended, Hulk Hogan’s last WWE PPV appearance till date and the first ever Money In The Bank cash-in at a WrestleMania event.
Below are the results:
– WWE Tag Team Championship Match (Kickoff Show): Tyson Kidd and Cesaro (c) (with Natalya) def. Los Matadores (Diego and Fernando) (with El Torito), The New Day (Big E and Kofi Kingston) (with Xavier Woods) and The Usos (Jey Uso and Jimmy Uso) (with Naomi) to retain the Titles.
– Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal (Kickoff Show): Big Show won the match by eliminating Damien Sandow.
– Ladder Match For The Intercontinental Championship: Daniel Bryan def. Bad News Barrett (c), Dean Ambrose, Dolph Ziggler, Stardust, Luke Harper and R-Truth to win the Title.
– Randy Orton def. Mr. Money In The Bank Seth Rollins (with J&J Security)
– No DQ Match: Triple H def. Sting
– AJ Lee & Paige def. The Bella Twins
– United States Championship Match: John Cena def. Rusev (c) (with Lana) to win the Title.
– The Rock & Ronda Rousey laid out Triple H & Stephanie McMahon
– The Undertaker def. Bray Wyatt
– WWE World Heavyweight Championship Match: Seth Rollins def. Roman Reigns & Brock Lesnar (c) to win the Title.
You can watch the highlights from this event below:
• 99% Chance Of A Big Return At WrestleMania 34?
The Daily Star is reporting that a betting website oddsmaker stated that there’s a 99% chance of Old School WWF Legend The Rock making a return to WWE programming at WrestleMania 34.
Oddschecker spokesperson George Elek issued the following statement:
“The Rock is still one of the WWE’s biggest names and an appearance from the Great One would spike interest and generate huge publicity for Vince McMahon’s business.
The bookies believe he is almost certain to appear once again at The Showcase of the Immortals and 1/100 implies a 99 per cent chance that we will see The People’s Champion inside the Squared Circle.
If bookies are right, then that’s exactly what will be happening come Wrestlemania 34, with a predicted 99 per cent chance of it happening.
For perspective, that’s the same chance of Spain beating the Faroe Islands or San Marino.”