• ON THIS DAY IN WWE HISTORY (June 10, 2002) – WWE Monday Night RAW
On this day in 2002, World Wrestling Entertainment aired another LIVE episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWE Monday Night RAW’.
It was broadcasted from the Philips Arena in Atlanta, Georgia and featured matches & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWE King of the Ring 2002’ PPV.
Here’s the card:
1. Booker T, Big Show & X-Pac vs. Shawn Stasiak, Spike Dudley & Tommy Dreamer
2. WWE European Title: William Regal vs. Bradshaw
3. Molly Holly vs. Trish Stratus
4. King Of The Ring 2002 Qualifying Match: Rob Van Dam vs. Eddie Guerrero
5. King Of The Ring 2002 Qualifying Match: Brock Lesnar vs. Bubba Ray Dudley
6. 100% Ownership Of WWE – No Holds Barred Match: Vince McMahon vs. Ric Flair
• A Dream Match Was Scheduled To Happen 18 Years Ago Today
On this day in Pro Wrestling history in 2002, “Stone Cold” Steve Austin was scheduled to face the “Next Big Thing” Brock Lesnar in a King Of The Ring qualifying match on WWE RAW.
But Austin walked out several hours before the start of the show in a disagreement over the creative plans for his match.
Austin was supposed to lose to Lesnar in the match & he had no problem with putting the 24 year old Lesnar over. However, Austin felt that putting the match on free TV with no build-up was bad for business.
Austin said that the match should’ve been on a PPV with a proper build-up, so that Lesnar goes over in the best way possible. When Austin’s creative plans were dismissed, he quit WWE.
WATCH: Kelly Kelly’s Exposes Her Super Hot Buns: