• AEW Dynamite Drawing Twice The Viewership Numbers Of WWE’s RAW & SmackDown In UK
In its first year, AEW has done really well in almost every aspect as a pro wrestling company.
AEW EVP and TNT Champion, Cody Rhodes, took to Twitter today to share some interesting information about Dynamite’s competition with other pro wrestling shows in the UK.
Here is what was mentioned:
– AEW Dynamite is beating the first-run broadcast of all its competitors in the UK for audience volume.
– Dynamite’s audience is over 5 times that of NXT, double that of SmackDown and almost double of RAW.
– It is almost double the audience of Impact Wrestling, which had been airing in the same time slot as Dynamite and also on a free-to-air channel.
– Dynamite benefits from reaching considerably more people than any of its competitors.
– Full episodes of Dynamite on ITV4 have reached 2.8m people, based on 5+ consecutive minutes of viewing.
– In its first year AEW programming on ITV channels reached 6.7m people, based on them having at least 5 consecutive minutes of viewing.
Thanks to our incredible fans for such a successful first year of #AEWDynamite
(we can’t wait to take the team over and wrestle there) pic.twitter.com/t7mnrVk7XX
— Cody (@CodyRhodes) October 18, 2020
It should be noted that Dynamite doesn’t air live on TV in the UK.
WATCH: Trish Stratus Strips:
• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (October 18, 1999) – WWF RAW IS WAR
On this day in 1999, the World Wrestling Federation aired another episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF RAW IS WAR’.
It was LIVE from the Schottenstein Center in Columbus, Ohio and featured matches, interviews & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF Survivor Series 1999’ PPV.
Here’s the card:
1. Kane & X-Pac vs. Dudley Boyz
2. Viscera vs. The Godfather
3. Test vs. British Bulldog
4. Val Venis vs. Al Snow
5. New Age Outlaws vs. The Acolytes
6. WWF World Tag Titles: The Hollys vs. Rock ‘n’ Sock Connection