• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (November 9, 2000) – WWF SmackDown!
On this day in 2000, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF SmackDown!’.
It was pre-taped at the Reunion Arena in Dallas, Texas and featured pre-taped matches & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF Survivor Series 2000’ PPV.
Here’s the card:
1. WWF Intercontinental Title: Billy Gunn vs. Eddie Guerrero
2. Hardy Boyz vs. Christian & Edge
3. No.1 Contender: The Undertaker vs. Chris Benoit vs. Chris Jericho vs. Kane
4. WWF World Tag Titles: Right To Censor vs. Dudley Boyz
5. Hardcore Match: Crash & Steve Blackman vs. T&A
6. Rikishi & Triple H vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin & The Rock
• AEW Wrestler & Commentator Involved In A Fight During Tony Schiavone’s Birthday
According to BodyslamNet, AEW wrestler Jimmy Havoc got into a fight with AEW commentator Excalibur during Tony Schiavone’s birthday party at Jimmy’s Famous Seafood on Friday night.
Havoc was very drunk and took a swing at Excalibur, but missed. This led to Excalibur putting Havoc in a chokehold. It should be noted that this fight went down in front of AEW President Tony Khan.
Havoc got up after being put to sleep with the chokehold and restarted the fight:
“Atlas security stepped in and got Excalibur to release the chokehold, however the incident was not over because when Havoc came to he once again throws a punch at Excalibur, only this time he connected. This resulted in a skirmish/brawl/pull apart between the two, until Atlas security could break it up and escort Jimmy Havoc outside.”
Havoc was then taken outside and Excalibur went to talk to him, but Havoc tried to attack him by throwing his cell phone at him. Havoc was then taken to his Hotel.
WATCH: Hilarious Referee Botch On AEW Dynamite: