• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (December 12, 1988) – WWF Prime Time Wrestling
On this day in 1988, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Prime Time Wrestling’.
It featured pre-taped matches, interviews & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF Royal Rumble 1989’ PPV.
The card can be found right here:
– King Haku vs. SD Jones (12/3/88; Boston Garden)
– Hercules vs. Boris Zhukov (12/6/88; Daytona Beach, FL; Ocean Center)
– Akeem (w/ Slick) vs. Pete Doherty (12/3/88; Boston Garden)
– Ron Garvin vs. Iron Mike Sharpe (12/6/88; Daytona Beach, FL; Ocean Center)
– Mr. Perfect vs. Jose Luis Rivera (12/4/88; Hamilton, Ontario; Copps Coliseum)
– Shawn Michaels & Marty Jannetty vs. Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard (WWF Superstars – 11/15/88; San Francisco, CA; Cow Palace)
– Koko B. Ware vs. The Red Rooster
• AEW Wrestler Joey Janela Reacts To Big Cass Threatening To End His Life
A couple of months back, former WWE wrestler Big Cass tried to hurt AEW wrestler Joey Janela at a WrestlePro event.
Janela explained the entire situation on an episode of Wrestlers On The Road Ordering Room Service on the Behind the Elite YouTube channel:
“I went outside for a smoke and I had said ‘Hello’ to the dude earlier and he was like, ‘Hey, what’s up?’ I go out for a smoke and he corners me and then smacks me in the head. It wasn’t like a hard smack but it just caught me off guard. I’m like, ‘What the f*ck is going on here?’
Then he starts chasing me, ‘Joey, I’m’ coming to kill you!’
The dude starts chasing me and it’s in the Rahway (NJ) Rec Center. So it looks like an episode of Tom & Jerry where Big Cass is chasing me around the locker room going, ‘I’m going to shoot you! I’m going to kill you!’
I then looked back in the locker room and I see him opening every door and saying, ‘Bad boy, where are you?’ It was like a horror movie.
I feel bad because I have friends who had substance abuse problems. One of my best friends overdosed so I feel for him. At the time of it, it was kinda a funny story as this guy tried to kill me and people leaked it on the internet. But the next day I felt like complete sh*t.
He just didn’t know what he was doing and I felt bad. Get him to a hospital because you know he’s dealing with something crazy.”
With that being said, Cass later apologized to Janela, but went on to tweet the following to Janela a couple of days back:
“Hey Joey Janela. Say one more word about me and your life will end. Real Talk. #HowYouDoin.”
Cass later deleted the tweet. Below is a screenshot:
Cass then claimed that his tweet was a work:
It’s a work you morons
— ZXL (@TheCaZXL) December 9, 2019
This led to Janela tweeting the following:
“Don’t come at me with threats then try to cover up your tracks, I would never ever work with you. I gave you the benefit of the doubt and wished you well but it turns out you’re just a moron….”
Don’t come at me with threats then try to cover up your tracks, I would never ever work with you. I gave you the benefit of the doubt and wished you well but it turns out you’re just a moron….
— Bad Boy Joey Janela (@JANELABABY) December 9, 2019
WATCH: Liv Morgan Slaps Her Own Bum: