On this day in Pro Wrestling history on July 7, 1990, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired ‘WCW The Great American Bash 1990’ LIVE on PPV from the Baltimore Arena in Baltimore, Maryland.
This was the 6th edition of WCW’s annual The Great American Bash events, although the 1986 & 1987 Great American Bash events were actually tours of several shows with the best matches making it to the VHS, that made them being presented like 1 big event in both years, even though they weren’t.
There was no Great American Bash in 1993 & 1994, but after WCW was sold to the World Wrestling Federation in 2001, Vince McMahon brought the pay-per-view back in 2004 under the WWE banner.
This event featured Sting’s first World Title win. You can watch it below:
Sting is still wrestling nowadays, as he came out of retirement this year. He’s currently signed to All Elite Wrestling
Below are the results from that night:
– Brian Pillman defeated Buddy Landel
– Mike Rotunda defeated The Iron Sheik
– Doug Furnas defeated Dutch Mantel
– Harley Race defeated Tommy Rich
– NWA United States Tag Team Championship: The Midnight Express (c) defeated The Southern Boys
– Big Van Vader defeated Tom Zenk
– The Steiner Brothers defeated The Fabulous Freebirds
– El Gigante, Junkyard Dog & Paul Orndorff defeated The Four Horsemen by DQ
– NWA United States Championship: Lex Luger (c) defeated Mark Callous
– NWA World Tag Team Championship: Doom (c) defeated The Rock ‘n’ Roll Express
– NWA World Heavyweight Championship: Sting defeated Ric Flair (c)
WATCH: Lana In A Lingerie: