• ON THIS DAY IN PRO WRESTLING HISTORY (May 5, 1985) – WCCW Parade of Champions 2
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on May 5, 1985, Fritz Von Erich’s World Class Championship Wrestling held the ‘2nd Von Erich Memorial Parade of Champions’ at the Texas Stadium in Irving, Texas.
This was the 2nd out of 5 “Von Erich Memorial Parade of Champions” events that were held once a year from 1984 till 1988.
A highlight of his Non-PPV show was one of the very few appearances of 7ft 5in Little John (aka Silo Sam / Big John Harris) at a major wrestling event.
He was sort of an outside enforcer for The Fantastics, who prevented Jim Cornette from interfering on The Midnight Express’ behalf.
Here are the results:
– Johnny Mantell wrestled Skip Young to a draw
– Scott Casey and Brian Adias defeated Kelly and Nick Kiniski
– Terry Gordy defeated Kamala
– Mike Von Erich defeated Rip Oliver
– Gino Hernandez & Chris Adams defeated The Great Kabuki & Scott Casey
– Vacant NWA American Tag Team Championship: The Fantastics defeated The Midnight Express
– Kerry Von Erich, Kevin Von Erich, Mike Von Erich, Michael Hayes, Terry Gordy & Buddy Roberts defeated Chris Adams, Gino Hernandez, Rip Oliver, One Man Gang, Kamala & “Dr. Death” Steve Williams
– NWA World Heavyweight Championship: Ric Flair (c) wrestled Kevin Von Erich to a double-count-out
– Hair vs One Man Gang facing Fritz: Kerry Von Erich defeated One Man Gang
• AJ Styles Takes A Shot At TNA & His Old TNA Shirt
There’s a thread on Twitter where fans are talking about the ugliest wrestling shirts.
A fan posted a photo of an old AJ Styles TNA shirt and you can check it out:
— Rip Van Wahfles (@NastyMoose) May 4, 2019
Below is what Styles tweeted regarding this:
I wish I could tell u this was the worst thing TNA has ever come up with. https://t.co/TX5BdpFzVx
— AJStyles.Org (@AJStylesOrg) May 4, 2019
For those who don’t know, Styles worked for TNA from 2002 to 2014.
WATCH: Bayley’s Buns Visible In A See Through Dress: