• On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (September 14, 1997) – WCW Fall Brawl 1997
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on September 14, 1997, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired ‘WCW Fall Brawl 1997: War Games’ LIVE on PPV from the ‘Lawrence Joel Veterans Memorial Coliseum’ in Winston-Salem, North Carolina.
The main event of this pay-per-view was a War Games match that featured a battle between the nWo New World Order and the Four Horsemen.
The results are here:
– WCW Cruiserweight Championship: Eddie Guerrero defeated Chris Jericho (c)
– The Steiner Brothers defeated Harlem Heat
– WCW World Television Championship: Alex Wright (c) defeated Último Dragón
– Jeff Jarrett defeated Dean Malenko
– Wrath & Mortis defeated The Faces of Fear
– The Giant defeated Scott Norton
– No DQ: Lex Luger & Diamond Dallas Page defeated Scott Hall & Randy Savage
– WarGames: Buff Bagwell, Kevin Nash, Syxx & Konnan defeated Chris Benoit, Steve McMichael, Ric Flair & Curt Hennig
• Another RAW Star’s In-Ring Career Could Be Over
In what could be a very bad news, there’s a chance that former RAW Tag Team Champion Jason Jordan’s in-ring career could be over.
With Matt Hardy’s in-ring career recently coming to an end due to physical issues, PWInsider’s Mike Johnson noted that there’s a chance Jordan might never be cleared to return to in-ring action ever again.
Below is what Mike said (credit to Ringsidenews for quotes):
“I heard there is no time frame on when Jordan will be returning to the ring, if at all. That’s why they got him backstage working in production. Apparently it’s a lot worse (his neck) than they thought it was going to be.”
Jordan underwent neck surgery earlier this year in February.