• Backstage News On Chris Jericho Appearing On AEW Dynamite While Being COVID-19 Positive
As noted before, AEW’s Chris Jericho revealed this week on his Talk Is Jericho podcast that he tested positive for COVID-19 back in September.
On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer reported that Jericho tested positive for COVID-19 around 12th September, when there were multiples cases of the virus across AEW and WWE.
AEW World Tag Team Champion Nick Jackson and Lance Archer had also caught the virus in September.
Bryan Alvarez stated that although Jericho was on TV during this time, there was enough time between tapings for Jericho to go into self isolation and quarantine himself. The time frame was from September 11 to September 23.
At the next TV taping, Jericho tested negative for COVID-19.
It was also noted that Jericho and Jackson caught the virus at the same time.
Jericho believes he caught the virus from a family friend who wasn’t experiencing its symptoms, and when Jericho found out they tested positive, he took a test and found himself positive for the virus.
WATCH: Jacqueline Suffers Wardrobe Malfunction During A Bikini Contest On WWF PPV:
You can download our official WrestleFeed mobile app to check out more Wrestling news & Divas content. Tap here to download.
• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (January 14, 1995) – WWF Superstars
On this day in 1995, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Superstars’.
This episode was pre-taped at the Bob Carpenter Center in Newark, Delaware and featured matches & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF Royal Rumble 1995’ PPV.
Here’s the match-card:
– WWF Tag Team Championship Tournament – Semi Finals: Tatanka & Bam Bam Bigelow vs. The New Headshrinkers
– Jeff Jarrett vs. Mike Moraldo
– Duke Drose vs. Chris Canyon
– WWF Tag Team Championship Tournament – Semi Finals: The 1-2-3 Kid & Bob Holly vs. The Heavenly Bodies