• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (May 15, 1993) – WWF Superstars of Wrestling
On this day in 1993, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Superstars of Wrestling’.
This episode was pre-taped at the Convention Center in Tucson, Arizona and featured matches, promos & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF King of the Ring 1993’ PPV.
Here’s the card:
1. Rick & Scott Steiner vs. Mark Ming & Jim Armstrong
2. Mr. Hughes vs. Bobby Young
3. Bob Backlund vs. Terry Zeller
4. Virgil vs. Jose Martinez
5. WWF IC Champion Shawn Michaels vs. Billy Jones
6. KOTR Qualifying Match: Tatanka vs. Giant Gonzalez
• Backstage News On How Long The Undertaker Is Under Contract With WWE
The Undertaker signed a ‘big money’ deal with WWE last year, after Vince McMahon offered him a new contract after WrestleMania 35. He has reportedly become a ‘WWE lifer’ after the signing.
McMahon offered such a big deal to The American Badass because he was announced for the Starrcast II convention, which ran in conjunction with AEW’s Double Or Nothing pay-per-view, in May 2019.
The Chairman of WWE wasn’t happy with Taker agreeing to work the event, but things were settled when he offered Taker the big deal (Taker agreed to work the event as he thought his WWE career was over).
The Wrestling Observer reported that the deal will last for 15 years, which means it will keep Taker under contract even after he retires from competing:
“The Undertaker signed a new 15-year contract with WWE last year that will last him until he is 70 years old.”
WATCH: Alexa Bliss Butt Workout Video #2: