• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (February 2, 1985) – WWF Championship Wrestling
On this day in 1985, the World Wrestling Federation aired another episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Championship Wrestling’.
This episode was pre-taped at the Mid-Hudson Civic Center in Poughkeepsie, New York and featured matches & interviews on the road to the first ever WrestleMania.
You can find the card below:
1. The Junkyard Dog vs. Johnny Rodz
2. Paul Orndorff vs. Peter Pompell
3. WWF Tag Team Titles: Dick Murdoch & Adrian Adonis vs. Barry Windham & Mike Rotundo
4. Don Muraco vs. Aldo Marino
5. Piper’s Pit w/ Andre The Giant
6. Jim Neidhart vs. Jose Luis Rivera
7. Jimmy Snuka vs. Jeff Craney
• Backstage News On How Much Money AEW Offered Edge
As we noted before, WWE Hall of Famer Edge “flirted” with All Elite Wrestling about an offer, just to get a better offer from WWE.
According to the Wrestling Observer, Edge told Vince McMahon that AEW offered with a $3 million per year deal with limited dates.
This resulted in Vince offering Edge a similar deal to get him to return home.
According to talkSPORT, Edge is contracted to wrestle 3 matches per year in his new 3 year deal with WWE. One of those matches for 2020 happened at Royal Rumble.
However, Edge has told WWE officials he would like to do 5 matches per year and make 25 WWE TV appearances per year to build to those matches.
For all of this work, Edge is making $3 million per year with WWE and possibly bonus paydays if he works the Saudi Arabia pay-per-views.
WATCH: WWE Doctor Touches Stephanie McMahon’s Juggs: