• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (April 30, 1983) – WWF Philadelphia Spectrum Show
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on April 30, 1983, the World Wrestling Federation held a televised house show at the Philadelphia Spectrum in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
The live event was televised on the local PRISM Network with Gorilla Monsoon & Dick Graham doing commentary.
The card can be found here:
– Eddie Gilbert vs. Baron Mikel Scicluna
– Ray Stevens vs. Tony Garea
– Andre the Giant & Rocky Johnson vs. Don Muraco & Big John Studd
– Ivan Koloff vs. SD Jones
– Bob Backlund vs. Iron Mike Sharpe
– Mr. Fuji vs. Johnny Rodz
– Samula & Afa vs. Chief Jay & Jules Strongbow
• Backstage News On How WWE Is Ensuring Safety Of Wrestlers While Taping Shows
WWE has been taking several safety measures to ensure their employees’ well-being.
They already started taping shows so that the wrestlers don’t have to travel a lot during the Coronavirus pandemic.
Another measure the company is taking is not allowing all wrestlers to enter the Performance Center at the same time. They’ve already been working their shows with a very limited number of wrestlers.
The Wrestling Observer noted that only wrestlers who have a segment or match are allowed into the Performance Center at that specific time, while all others have to stay outside. This includes staying out of the gym:
“They’re not allowed to use it, it’s shut down for any kind of training. No, it’s shut down. They’re only allowed in for their segment. They’re not hanging around in that place. You’re outside. You’re getting dressed outside. You’re only coming in for that match. Yeah.”
WATCH: Stacy Keibler’s Buns Exposed: