• OLD SCHOOL VIDEO HISTORY (June 18, 1995) – WWF Action Zone 1995
On this day in 1995, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Action Zone’.
This episode featured matches, highlight videos & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF King of the Ring 1995’ PPV.
Here’s the card:
– The Blu Brothers vs. Mike Khoury/John Crystal
– Highlights Of Mr. Backlund’s Promo (From Raw)
– Kama vs. Jerry Flynn
– Highlights Of The Recent Feud Between Bret Hart And Jerry Lawler
– The Smoking Gunns vs. The Brooklyn Brawler/Doug Stahl
– A Vignette On Waylon Mercy
– King Of The Ring Report
– Shawn Michaels vs. Rad Radford
– Hunter Hearst Helmsley vs. Barry Horowitz
• Backstage News On How WWE Wrestlers Feel Heading Into This Sunday’s WWE Stomping Grounds 2019 PPV
WWE Stomping Grounds 2019 PPV will take place this Sunday and things aren’t looking good for this PPV so far.
Not only does most of the match-card for this PPV consist of rematches, but the ticket sales for this PPV are very poor.
Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer noted that WWE is giving away tickets for very low prices in hopes of increasing the attendance for this PPV:
“Look at the PPV in Tacoma, they’re having to give away tickets. I mean they’re doing 2 for 1 tickets. They’re blocking off all kinds of places [in the Tacoma Dome] so you know, 2 tickets for $20 for a PPV — unheard of. I mean, when’s the last time that happened for a WWE show?”
WrestleVotes is reporting the following regarding how WWE wrestlers feel heading into this PPV:
“Texting with a WWE source, who travels with the crew. Said the vibe going into Sunday’s PPV is similar to the vibe around the ‘In Your House’ shows from back in the day. Lack of meaningful matches, low ticket sales and general feeling reminds them of 1995/1996. Yikes.”