• On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (May 20, 1985) – WWF MSG House Show
On this day in Pro Wrestling history in 1985, the World Wrestling Federation held a televised house show at the Meadowlands Arena in East Rutherford, New Jersey.
This live event aired on the MSG Network and featured the famous Backlund/Snuka cage match.
The results can be found below:
– Johnny Rodz defeated Rick McGraw
– Swede Hanson defeated Laurent Soucie
– Salvatore Bellomo defeated Baron Mikel Scicluna
– WWF Intercontinental Title: Bob Orton Jr. defeated Pedro Morales by DQ
– Blackjack Mulligan defeated Special Delivery Jones
– Steve Travis defeated Charlie Fulton
– Steel Cage – WWF World Heavyweight Title: Bob Backlund (C) defeated Jimmy Snuka
– WWF Tag Team Titles: Chief Jay Strongbow & Jules Strongbow defeated Mr. Fuji & Mr. Saito (C)
– Tony Garea defeated Adrian Adonis by DQ
– Tony Atlas defeated Greg Valentine by countout
• Backstage News On The Undertaker Returning For Extreme Rules 2019
As seen on this week’s episode of RAW, The Undertaker made a shocking return and saved Roman Reigns from Shane McMahon & Drew McIntyre.
Undertaker chokeslammed Shane O’Mac and took down McIntyre with a big boot and a series of punches.
You can watch it below:
The Undertaker will now team up with Reigns to face Shane O’Mac & McIntyre at next month’s Extreme Rules 2019 PPV.
According to Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer, The Undertaker’s return wasn’t a last minute decision. As a matter of fact, this was the plan before WWE Super ShowDown took place:
“Undertaker’s return for this show is not something that just came up this week based on bad numbers, as it was planned before Super Showdown. Whether this is an angle for SummerSlam is unknown, but it makes no sense to use him on Extreme Rules and not SummerSlam.”