Below are some top WWE & AEW news stories of the day:
– Back in the day, WWF / WWE Superstars weren’t given scripts for their promos by the writers, where they had to recite it word-for-word.
They were given bullet points of the things that they needed to cover in their promo, and then they had the creative freedom of cutting the promo in their own way.
That changed over the years, but now with Triple H running the creative, it’s somewhat going back to what it used to be.
According to insider source BoozerRasslin, top WWE Superstars are allowed to do unscripted promos:
“Few big names are free promo. No scripts. But no way to let that fly for the others.”
– Friday’s SmackDown drew 2.15 million viewers with a 0.56 rating in the 18-49 demo, which is up from previous week’s 2.06 million viewers with a 0.52 rating.
– Saturday’s special Rampage drew 284,000 viewers with a 0.07 rating in the 18-49 demo, which is down from previous week’s 294,000 viewers with a 0.09 rating.
– Monday’s RAW drew 1.72 million viewers with a 0.58 rating in the 18-49 demo, which is down from last week’s 1.79 million viewers with a 0.51 rating.
– Below is the updated match-card for the NXT Battleground premium live event, which will take place on May 28th:
NXT Championship Match: Carmelo Hayes (c) vs. Bron Breakker
Vacant NXT Women’s Championship Match: Tiffany Stratton or Roxanne Perez vs. Lyra Valkyria or Cora Jade
Triple Threat Match For The NXT North American Championship: Wes Lee (c) vs. Tyler Bate vs. Joe Gacy
“British Rounds Rules” Match For The NXT Heritage Cup: Noam Dar (c) vs. Dragon Lee