• Backstage News On Which Wrestler Is Scheduled To Be In The Final 4 Of The Men’s Royal Rumble 2022 Match
24-Year-Old Austin Theory was drafted to RAW in late October 2021 and he has already competed for the WWE Championship.
While he failed to win the Title and become the youngest WWE Champion in history, the future is still bright for him.
He has been involved in backstage segments with Vince McMahon on RAW for a while now, and he will be booked to shine in the upcoming Men’s Royal Rumble match on January 29.
According to Wrestlingnewsco, Theory is scheduled to be in the Final 4 of the Men’s Rumble match:
“Austin Theory is going to get time to shine in the Rumble match. Last I heard was he will be in the final 4 or 5 at the end of the match.”
WATCH: Sara (Undertaker’s Ex-Wife) In A Bikini – Part 1:
• On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (January 24, 1988) – WWF Royal Rumble 1988
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on January 24, 1988, the World Wrestling Federation aired the first ever ‘Royal Rumble’ LIVE on the USA Network from the Copps Coliseum in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.
The very first (televised) Royal Rumble event was also the only Rumble that wasn’t a PPV, but aired on free television instead.
The Royal Rumble match itself had only 20 Wrestlers in it, as opposed to 30 Wrestlers like it had from the next year onwards (except in 2011 when it was 40 men).
The event also included Dino Bravo breaking a World Bench Press record (kayfabe wise, as Jesse Venture did help him a bit at the end) and the Hogan/André II contract signing.
This event was held on the same night as NWA Bunkhouse Stampede 1988, which was on PPV though.
– Ricky Steamboat defeated Rick Rude by DQ
– Two-out-of-three falls – WWF Women’s Tag Team Championship: The Jumping Bomb Angels defeated The Glamour Girls (c)
– Jim Duggan won the 20-man Royal Rumble match
– Two-out-of-three falls: The Islanders defeated The Young Stallions