• OLD SCHOOL VIDEO HISTORY (January 24, 1988) – NWA Sunday Edition
On this day in 1988, Jim Crockett Promotions aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘NWA Sunday Edition’.
This episode featured matches & storyline segments on the road to the upcoming ‘Bunkhouse Stampede 1988’ event, which aired LIVE on PPV later that very same day.
Below is the match-card:
– Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard vs. Tommy Angel & Cougar Jay
– Powers Of Pain vs. Larry Stephens & Trent Knight
– Black Bart vs. Mark Cruz
– Rock’n’ Roll Express vs. George South & Gene Ligon
– Sting vs. Mark Fleming
– Mike Rotunda vs. Bob Riddle
You can watch the show below:
• Batista Recalls Vince McMahon Wanting His Gimmick To Be A “Child of Rape”, Talks About Vince Getting Angry At Ric Flair For “Bloody Virgin” Comment
During a recent appearance on E&C’s Pod Of Awesomeness podcast, former WWE Champion Batista talked about what Vince McMahon originally wanted his gimmick to be. Below is what “The Animal” said:
“The Ballad Of Little Dave Batista is never going to go away. Now that I’m thinking about it, that whole thing, that all stemmed from actually that ridiculous storyline that they were putting together and Vince’s sick head. I mean, you know how the whole thing came about.
I was supposed to be the child of a rape. That’s why I was so angry at the world. Yeah, yeah, that was tossed around. Ric was trying to get on my good side and figure out why I was so angry. That was one of the ideas that went around, that maybe I was a child of a rape. It was horrible. And I was raised by foster families. Thank goodness that didn’t happen. At the time, I was like, ‘I don’t know how I feel about that.'”
Batista also talked about Vince getting angry at Ric Flair for “Bloody Virgin” comment:
“Do you remember when Ric did the bloody virgin promo? Oh yeah, it was awful. Yeah, he said ‘bloody virgin’ live on RAW and Vince was livid. I came back up to gorilla and Vince was super hot and Ric just couldn’t understand why.”