• On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (November 23, 1989) – WWF Survivor Series 1989
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on November 23, 1989, the World Wrestling Federation aired ‘WWF Survivor Series 1989’ LIVE on PPV from the Rosemont Horizon in Rosemont, Illinois.
The pay-per-view had the tagline “The WWF Thanksgiving Night Tradition!”.
This was the 3rd annual ‘Survivor Series’ event since it started in 1987.
Here are the results:
– Survivor Series elimination match: The Dream Team (Dusty Rhodes, Brutus Beefcake, Red Rooster & Tito Santana) defeated The Enforcers (Big Boss Man, Bad News Brown, Rick Martel & Honky Tonk Man)
– Survivor Series elimination match: The King’s Court (Randy Savage, Earthquake, Dino Bravo & Greg Valentine) defeated The 4x4s: (Jim Duggan, Bret Hart, Ronnie Garvin & Hercules)
– Survivor Series elimination match: The Hulkamaniacs (Hulk Hogan, Jake Roberts & Demolition) defeated The Million Dollar Team (Ted DiBiase, Powers of Pain & Zeus)
– Survivor Series elimination match: The Rude Brood (Rick Rude, Mr. Perfect & Fabulous Rougeaus) defeated Roddy’s Rowdies (Roddy Piper, Jimmy Snuka & Bushwhackers)
– Survivor Series elimination match: The Ultimate Warriors (Ultimate Warrior, Jim Neidhart & Rockers) defeated The Heenan Family (Bobby Heenan, André the Giant, Haku & Arn Anderson)
• Becky Lynch Threatens To Break Conor McGregor’s Arm, McGregor Responds
Forbes posted an article titled “Becky Lynch Channeling Her Inner Conor McGregor To Become The WWE’s Biggest Star”.
This led to the SmackDown Women’s Champion tweeting that she isn’t channeling anyone and would break Conor’s arm if she ever got within 2 miles of him:
The Man channels no one. @TheNotoriousMMA & me are bonded as Irish brother & sister. But if I ever got within 2 miles of him I’d break that bond, and his arm, in three short seconds. ? I’d be too tempting; he’d completely understand too. Proper12 after.
— The Man (@BeckyLynchWWE) November 22, 2018
This led to McGregor tweeting the following:
Call me when you need Proper back up.
— Conor McGregor (@TheNotoriousMMA) November 22, 2018