• On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (May 9, 1988) – Memphis Wrestling House Show
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on May 9, 1988, Jerry Jarrett’s Continental Wrestling Association held a televised House Show at the Mid-South Coliseum in Memphis, Tennessee.
On this show Jerry “The King” Lawler defeated Curt Hennig (later known as Mr. Perfect in the WWF) to become the new AWA World Heavyweight Champion..
Here are the results:
– Brickhouse Brown defeated Ken Wayne
– Mark Starr & Scott Steiner defeated Doug Gilbert & Tommy Gilbert
– The Cuban Choir Boys defeated The Bruise Brothers
– Mike Graham & Steve Keirn defeated Gary Young & Max Pain
– Jeff Jarrett wrestled Robert Fuller to a double-DQ
– AWA World Tag Team Title: Badd Company (c) defeated Billy Travis & Tom Brandi
– Bill Dundee defeated Eddie Gilbert
– AWA World Heavyweight Title: Jerry Lawler defeated Curt Hennig (c)
• Big E Reacts To Reports Of Lars Sullivan Making Racist Comments In The Past
Multiple reports are being posted on the Internet regarding Lars Sullivan making racist comments on a bodybuilding forum years ago.
Some of these reports came out earlier this year, but some new ones have now come out as well and a fan asked Big E to comment on this matter.
Below is what Big E tweeted regarding this:
Many are aware. If true, he has to bear the albatross of being a bigot & working in a company that is now filled with minorities.
— Florida Man (@WWEBigE) May 8, 2019
WATCH: Awesome Sideview Of Paige’s Juggs: