• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (January 12, 1991) – WWF Superstars of Wrestling
On this day in 1991, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Wrestling Challenge’.
This episode was pre-taped at the Sundome in Tampa, Florida and featured matches & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF Royal Rumble 1991’ PPV.
Here’s the card:
1. Big Boss Man vs. Kent Carlson
2. Rick Martel vs. Jim Evans
3. British Bulldog vs. Tom Bennett
4. The Undertaker vs. Ray Hammer
5. Ted DiBiase vs. Danny Brazil
6. Power & Glory vs. Sonny Blaze & Scotty Williams
• Big Lars Sullivan Match Cancelled, Matt Hardy Has A Question For The Fiend, Original US Title Plan & More – Top 5 Stories Of The Day
Let’s take a look at the top 5 stories of the day:
5. Plans For A Big Match For Lars Sullivan Cancelled
According to Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful, WWE officials were planning to do Brock Lesnar vs. Lars Sullivan at some point in late 2019 or 2020, but the plan got nixed due to Lars’ injury.
Lars is currently out of action with a knee injury and word going on is that he’ll get ready to return to in-ring action sometime this summer.
This isn’t the first time that a big match plan for Lars got cancelled. WWE officials were planning to do John Cena vs. Lars Sullivan at WrestleMania 35, but it couldn’t happen because of Lars suffering an ‘anxiety attack’ and going on a hiatus from WWE.
Sean Ross Sapp also noted that while there’s no information on how WWE wrestlers reacted to Lars being an adult movie star back in the day, but they did note that he was very apologetic for the racist comments he made on the internet over a decade ago:
“We don’t have any insight on that, but several wrestlers told Fightful that Lars was incredibly apologetic when message board posts from him emerged.
Lars also allegedly sought out family members that were around backstage or on the roster of those he commented on or could have affected and apologized to them, too.
Those we spoke to said that when he apologized, he attributed it to him ‘being stupid and trolling on the internet,’ noting that he didn’t believe the things he wrote.”
*Go to the NEXT page to continue reading this article