• On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (April 21, 2002) – WWF Backlash 2002
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on April 21, 2002, the World Wrestling Federation aired ‘Backlash 2002’ LIVE on PPV from the Kemper Memorial Arena in Kansas City, Missouri.
This was the 4th annual Backlash event held by the WWF/WWE from 1999 till 2009 and again since 2016.
Here are the PPV results:
– WWF Cruiserweight Championship: Tajiri defeated Billy Kidman (c)
– Scott Hall defeated Bradshaw
– WWF Women’s Championship: Jazz (c) defeated Trish Stratus
– Brock Lesnar defeated Jeff Hardy
– Kurt Angle defeated Edge
– WWF Intercontinental Championship: Eddie Guerrero defeated Rob Van Dam (c)
– #1 Contender: The Undertaker defeated Stone Cold Steve Austin
– WWF Tag Team Championship: Billy & Chuck (c) defeated Al Snow & Maven
– Undisputed WWF World Heavyweight Championship: Hulk Hogan defeated Triple H (c)
• Braun Strowman Reportedly His Own Worst Enemy In WWE
According to PWInsider, the reason “The Monster Among Men” Braun Strowman isn’t being made THE top guy in WWE is because he’s his own worst enemy.
Here’s what Mike Johnson of PWInsider said regarding Vince McMahon not pulling the trigger when it comes to Strowman being the top guy:
“There have been times when Vince was ready to pull the trigger and then something happens behind the scenes just by the way Braun Strowman carries himself or maybe he’s a little late or just at times that he’s his own worst enemy with how he presents himself and Vince takes a step backward.
I just think he’s at the point now where Vince sees him as a walking mascot for the company more than he sees him as a top guy. So he’s kind of like a modern day 911 for ECW vs. being seen as a franchise player for the company.”
WATCH: CM Punk Returns To Wrestling Under A Mask (April 2019):