• BREAKING NEWS: New IWGP World Heavyweight Champion Crowned At NJPW Dominion 2021
Below are the complete results from today’s NJPW Dominion 2021 PPV:
– Bullet Club (Taiji Ishimori, Evil, Yujiro Takahashi, Chase Owens and El Phantasmo) (with Dick Togo) def. Chaos (Sho, Hirooki Goto, Tomohiro Ishii, Yoshi-Hashi) and Hiroshi Tanahashi
– Los Ingobernables de Japon (Tetsuya Naito, Sanada and Bushi) def. Suzuki-gun (Zack Sabre Jr., Taichi and Douki)
– El Desperado (c) (with Yoshinobu Kanemaru) def. Yoh (with Sho) to retain the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship
– Kota Ibushi def. Jeff Cobb (with Great-O-Khan)
– Shingo Takagi def. Kazuchika Okada to win the vacant IWGP World Heavyweight Championship
You can watch the finish of the main event below:
— Ciaràn (@CiaranRH) June 7, 2021
After his Title win, Takagi called out Kota Ibushi to be his first challenger, and Ibushi accepted the challenge.
— 🐻 Bernardo/Bury 🐻 es #AllElite (@Bernard_isAEW) June 7, 2021
WATCH: Hot Valet From New Japan Pro Wrestling:
• Old School WWF Legend Celebrates His Birthday
Old School WWF Legend Mick Foley celebrates his 56th birthday today.
After doing several jobs as “Jack Foley” on WWF TV in 1986 & 1987, he joined Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling in 1990 and from that point onwards made a name for himself as “Cactus Jack”.
After spending some time in ECW from 1994 till early 1996, he signed a WWF contract and became known as “Mankind”, a character that received a great push, including a clean win over The Undertaker at the King of the Ring 1996 PPV.
In 1997, Foley also brought two other characters to the World Wrestling Federation: his alter egos “Cactus Jack” and “Dude Love”, thus becoming the only man in history, who officially entered 3 times in a single 30-man Royal Rumble match.
Despite his official retirement in 2000, Foley wrestled for several more years, including a final TNA run from 2008 to 2011, before he retired for real.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICK FOLEY!