• ON THIS DAY IN WWE HISTORY (May 27, 2002) – WWE Monday Night RAW
On this day in 2002, World Wrestling Entertainment aired another LIVE episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWE Monday Night RAW’.
It was broadcasted from the Skyreach Centre in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada and featured matches & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWE King of the Ring 2002’ PPV.
Here’s the card:
1. Spike Dudley & Trish Stratus vs. Molly Holly & William Regal
2. Booker T & X-Pac vs. Hardy Boyz
3. Brock Lesnar vs. Bubba Ray Dudley
4. Big Show vs. Bradshaw
5. Goldust vs. Crash
6. WWE Intercontinental Title – Ladder Match: Rob Van Dam vs. Eddie Guerrero
• Bret Hart Refused To Be In The Dark Side Of The Ring Documentary On Owen Hart
Vice released the episode of Dark Side Of The Ring on Owen Hart last week. However, WWE Hall Of Famer Bret Hart, who was very close to his brother Owen, didn’t want to be a part of it.
Dave Meltzer discussed this on Sunday Night’s Main Event podcast:
“Bret was asked and never got back to them. Yeah, Bret was asked.
I think that the feeling was, they interviewed a lot of people with the Owen Hart Foundation and things like that, and I think the decision was made, we could get other family members, and they couldn’t get anyone from WWE, I guess they probably could have gotten Harry or whatever, but they went with Oje and Athena which was a good decision.
But Bret would have been in it if he wanted to be.”