• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (October 9, 2000) – WWF RAW IS WAR
On this day in 2000, the World Wrestling Federation aired another episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF RAW IS WAR’.
It was broadcasted LIVE from the Arrowhead Pond in Anaheim, California and featured matches, interviews & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF No Mercy 2000’ PPV.
Here’s the card:
1. WWF World Women’s Title – Hardcore Match: Lita vs. Jacqueline
2. Steve Blackman vs. Raven
3. Chris Benoit & X-Pac vs. Chris Jericho & Triple H
4. WWF World Tag Team Titles: The Hardy Boyz vs. Lo Down
5. WWF European Title: Al Snow vs. Test
6. Right To Censor vs. Chyna & Eddie Guerrero
7. Rikishi & The Rock vs. Kane & Kurt Angle
WATCH: Former WWE Divas Champion Kaitlyn’s New Exposing Video:
• Bret Hart Reveals How He Made Ric Flair Stop Doing His Hard-Hitting Chops
During a recent appearance on Prime Time With Sean Mooney podcast, two time WWE Hall of Famer Bret Hart talked about facing “The Nature Boy” Ric Flair and how he made Flair stop doing his hard-hitting chops.
Below is what The Hitman said:
“I can remember Ric Flair used to like chopping me all the time. And they hurt – you get these blisters on your chest and a hand print on your chest for like three days.
That’s what they do to the rookies, they chop ya, keep chopping ya – they think it’s a badge of honor or something. Which is probably why everyone in the building goes ‘Wooooo’ ya know? I remember telling him I said ‘Ric no more chops.’
But he said ‘it’s part of my thing, I always do a chop, people expect it.’ I said ‘if you do a chop, I got a move I do. You go ahead and chop me, give me a big chop. I’ll sell it, I’ll give you my whole chest and everything. And then I’ll look at you – and I’ll punch you right in the mouth as hard as I can.’
And I remember Ric looked at me and said ‘are you kidding?’ I said ‘no I’m not; I’ll punch you right in the nose as hard as I can.’ We never did chops after that.”