• ON THIS DAY IN NWA HISTORY (September 24, 1988) – NWA World Championship Wrestling
On this day in 1988, Jim Crockett Promotions aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘NWA World Championship Wrestling’.
This episode featured pre-taped matches, interviews & storyline segments on the road to the ‘NWA Starrcade 1988’ PPV.
The card can be found here:
1. THE ROAD WARRIORS vs. MENACE I & II
2. BARRY WINDHAM vs. AGENT STEELE
3. STING vs. JERRY PRICE
4. THE MIDNIGHT EXPRESS vs. THOMPSON/CRUEL CONNECTION I
5. THE FANTASTICS vs. JUSTICE/GRIFFIN
6. NIKITA KOLOFF vs. EDDIE SWEAT
7. STEVE WILLIAMS & BRAD ARMSTRONG vs. STEINBORN/JONES
8. THE VARSITY CLUB vs. MULKEY/ROYAL/HALLIS
9. AL PEREZ vs. MAX MCGYVER
10. THE RUSSIAN ASSASSINS vs. ITALIAN STALLION/MILES
• Brock Lesnar To Be The “Face Of SmackDown” On FOX
“The Beast Incarnate” Brock Lesnar will face Kofi Kingston for the WWE Championship next week on SmackDown, which will be the show’s debut on FOX (and also SmackDown’s 20th anniversary show).
According to Slice Wrestling, Lesnar is now set to become the “Face Of SmackDown” on FOX after he wins the WWE Championship as FOX wants a “sports feel” and Lesnar is the most legitimate athlete in WWE today.
Below is what Dave Meltzer said about this on Wrestling Observer Radio:
“When they announced Brock Lesnar for the [October 4th edition of Friday Night SmackDown] you know things sort of just add up in the sense that FOX wants to be sports-like and Brock is like their legitimate athlete.
So I could see Brock winning the title, I’m not saying he’s going to, but it feels to me going to FOX early on that Vince [McMahon] would rather have Brock as Champion than Kofi Kingston.”
WATCH: Super Hot Video Of Torrie Wilson In WWE: