• On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (May 18, 2002) – Old School WWF Legend Passed Away
On this day in 2002, we lost Old School WWF Legend “The British Bulldog” Davey Boy Smith (Real name: David Smith) at the young age of 39.
Davey Boy died after suffering a heart attack, most likely a result of his pain killer addiction, which was caused by the WCW Fall Brawl 1998 incident, when they had a trap door under the ring canvas to enable The Ultimate Warrior suddenly showing up in the ring during the main event, but the WCW officials forgot to tell Davey not to bump on that side of the ring, so he did and got hurt.
He became a legend while wrestling for the World Wrestling Federation from 1985 to 1992, from 1994 to 1997 and again from 1999 to 2000.
Smith has yet to be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame, but it’s only a question of “when” and not “if”.
† REST IN PEACE BRITISH BULLDOG!
November 27, 1962 – May 18, 2002
• Brock Lesnar’s Next Match Revealed
According to WrestleVotes, a WrestleMania 35 rematch between Seth Rollins and Brock Lesnar for the Universal Championship is set to take place at next month’s WWE Super ShowDown 2019 PPV in Saudi Arabia.
This is just another confirmation regarding this match happening, as this match was revealed during the advertisements WWE aired for this PPV in Saudi Arabia.
WWE announced the following 3 matches for next month’s WWE Super ShowDown 2019 PPV in Saudi Arabia:
– The Undertaker vs. Goldberg
– Triple H vs. Randy Orton
– 50 Man Battle Royal
WWE’s advertising in Saudi Arabia revealed more matches for this upcoming PPV and you can check them out below:
– Universal Championship Match: Seth Rollins (c) vs. Brock Lesnar
– Roman Reigns vs. Shane McMahon
– Braun Strowman vs. Drew McIntyre
– WWE Championship Match: Kofi Kingston (c) vs. Kevin Owens
– Intercontinental Championship Match: Finn Balor (c) vs. Andrade