• OLD SCHOOL HISTORY (November 27, 2000) – WWF RAW IS WAR
On this day in 2000, the World Wrestling Federation aired another LIVE episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF RAW IS WAR’.
It was broadcasted from the Hilton Coliseum in Ames, Iowa and featured matches, interviews & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF Rebellion 2000’ PPV.
Here’s the card:
1. Crash & Hardcore Holly & Molly Holly vs. T&A & Trish Stratus
2. WWF Intercontinental Title: Billy Gunn vs. Eddie Guerrero
3. No. 1 Contenders Match: The Rock vs. Rikishi
4. The Undertaker vs. Kane
5. K-Kwik & Road Dogg vs. Steven Richards & Val Venis
6. Chris Jericho & The Hardy Boyz vs. Chris Benoit, Dean Malenko & Perry Saturn
7. WWF Hardcore Title: Steve Blackman vs. Tiger Ali Singh
8. WWF World Heavyweight Title: Kurt Angle vs. Steve Austin
• Bruce Prichard Recalls Shane McMahon’s Wrestling Training With Randy Savage, Having To Take Some Stiff Tackles From The “Crazy Son Of A B*tch”
During an episode of Something To Wrestle With Bruce Prichard, Old School WWF Veteran Bruce Prichard (a.k.a Brother Love) recalled Shane McMahon’s wrestling training with the late great “Macho Man” Randy Savage.
Below is what Prichard said:
“He would get to the towns early obviously and set up the ring. He would ask me and Randy Savage, ‘Hey would you guys mind, Randy would you get in the ring with me and show me some stuff?’ So Randy and I used to go over to the buildings early in the afternoon after they set up the ring and worked with Shane.
I was the first one to have to take some of those stiff-a$$ f***ing tackles from that crazy son of a b*tch and I remember the first time he locked up with Randy and he goes, ‘Ooo brother, loosen up, uh huh, yeah it’s a dance, brother not a fight. You don’t wanna fight with me, loosen up.’
So we would go in the ring every day that we were on the road and get in the ring with him during the day and work out in the ring a little bit and go to the gym and work out and that was early on when he was on the ring crew.”