• On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (January 21, 1997) – WCW Clash of the Champions 34
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on January 21, 1997, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired ‘WCW Clash Of The Champions 34’ LIVE on TBS from the Wisconsin Center Arena in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
This was the second to last Clash of the Champions ever, as WCW ended the series with #35 later that year.
Below are the results:
– WCW Cruiserweight Championship: Dean Malenko defeated Último Dragón (c)
– Scotty Riggs defeated Mike Enos
– Chris Jericho, Super Caló & Chavo Guerrero Jr. defeated Konnan, La Parka & Mr. JL
– Harlem Heat defeated The Renegade & Joe Gomez
– Masahiro Chono defeated Alex Wright
– Eddie Guerrero defeated Scott Norton
– Falls Count Anywhere: Chris Benoit defeated The Taskmaster
– The Steiner Brothers defeated Amazing French-Canadians
– Lex Luger defeated Scott Hall
• Charlotte Flair Comments On Having The Highest Losing Record
During a recent interview with Sportskeeda, 10 time Women’s Champion Charlotte Flair was asked to comment on having the highest losing record in WWE.
Charlotte has a loss rate of 42.6% out of 853 recorded matches.
Below is what The Queen said:
“If you look at my stats, I have the highest losing record out of anyone on the roster. I think a detriment to me, which is also a positive, is that I am consistent. I am consistent. I am never hurt and I am always here.
It’s almost like, yes that is awesome, but at the same time I’ve never had the opportunity for the fans to miss me because I’m always here. That’s what people forget.
Yes, I won a match this week and they’re like, ‘Oh she wins [all the time].’ But that’s not been the case. Actually, I’ve lost more matches than any female booked currently. It’s crazy.
I think with the stigma of the [Flair] name always being in the title picture…but like I said, I’m consistent and a workaholic. It’s a good thing but it’s a bad thing.”
WATCH: Amazing Video Of Charlotte Flair’s Juggs: