• OLD SCHOOL VIDEO HISTORY (March 31, 1986) – WWF Prime Time Wrestling
On this day in 1986, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Prime Time Wrestling’.
It featured pre-taped matches, studio interviews & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF WrestleMania 2’ PPV.
The card can be found right here:
– Sivi Afi vs. Rene Goulet (3/8/86; Boston Garden)
– B. Brian Blair & Jim Brunzell vs. Les Thornton & Barry O (3/11/86; Poughkeepsie, NY)
– Jake Roberts vs. Jose Luis Rivera (3/8/86; Boston Garden)
– Ted Arcidi vs. Barry O (3/8/86; Boston Garden)
– Cpl. Kirchner vs. Iron Mike Sharpe (3/8/86; Boston Garden)
– Jim Neidhart vs. Scott McGhee (3/8/86; Boston Garden)
• Chris Jericho Reveals Why Vince McMahon Was Pi$$ed At Kevin Owens After WrestleMania 33
During a recent appearance on Inside The Ropes, Old School WWF Legend Chris Jericho revealed that Vince McMahon was pi$$ed at Kevin Owens after Owens’ match with Jericho for the United States Championship at WrestleMania 33.
Below is what Y2J said about this situation:
“I thought it was good and I was very surprised when I saw KO later and he said that Vince said it was one of the worst matches in WrestleMania history. I was like, ‘What?!’
Because he wanted Kevin to be this type of heel, but Kevin was doing a lot of stuff off the top rope and flashy moves and Vince did not want that. I think Vince had a hard on for him at the time and it would have been hard for him to have — Vince never said anything about the match to me…ever. He never said he didn’t like it. He never said it’s the worst match in WrestleMania history. Never said a word of it.
We talked about him the next night and he didn’t go into detail, but he just went, ‘Yeah, yeah, yeah’ like he didn’t say anything. I’m not gonna go ask him because that’s one thing about Vince is sometimes he’ll say something in the spur of the moment and then he’ll forget 10 minutes later unless you bring it up again.
Kevin was really f***ing sad. Vince told him, ‘You need to lose weight and this is terrible and you don’t know anything.'”