• OLD SCHOOL HISTORY (April 28, 1996) – WWF Action Zone
On this day in 1996, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Action Zone’.
This episode featured matches, promos, highlights & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF In Your House 7: Good Friends, Better Enemies’ PPV, which took place later on the same day.
Here’s the card:
– Shawn Michaels vs. 1-2-3 Kid (From Superstars)
– Highlights Of Goldust vs. Savio Vega (From The Last Two Weeks On Raw)
– Promo By The Ultimate Warrior
– Highlights Of The Body Donnas Putting Phineas Godwinn’s Head In The Slop Pocket (From Last Weeks Raw)
– Highlights Of The British Bulldog vs. Jake Roberts (From Germany)
– The Ross Report: A Sit Down Interview w/ Jim Cornette
– Owen Hart vs. Fatu (From Superstars)
– Can We Talk With The Following Question: Do You Have Pets?
– Promo By Diesel Recorded (From Germany)
WATCH: Maria Kanellis Was SO HOT:
• Chris Jericho Says AEW Would Be Perfect For CM Punk
During a recent interview with Express, Old School WWF Legend and All Elite Wrestling Superstar Chris Jericho talked about the upcoming AEW Double Or Nothing PPV, CM Punk & more.
Below are the highlights:
On AEW Double Or Nothing PPV:
“It’s like All In, that’s pretty much what you can expect. You can see the card, the card is shaping up to be [in a way that] every match is a main event match. We sold the show out in four minutes, the tickets were gone. It’s a great way to kick off this brand new promotion with some of the biggest matches you could possibly give right off the bat.
That is a smart move, you don’t want to wait to build Jericho vs. Omega II or Bucks vs. Lucha Bros, there’s nothing to build. This is the build, you start off with your biggest matches and let people know what’s going on at this company that’s different from the rest of the companies because I think it’s pretty much more focused on the quality of the matches, on making sense on everything that we do.
I think that’s one of the differences that you’re going to see right off the bat as to what kind of show we’re going to run and will set the tone for the company’s existence in this part.”
On possibility of CM Punk being in All Elite Wrestling:
“It’s a pretty obvious answer. I don’t know if he wants to wrestle, but if he decides to, I think AEW would be the perfect place for him.”