Below are the highlights from the post-show WWE SummerSlam press conference:
– Cody Rhodes said he’s incredibly grateful for what Brock Lesnar did for him tonight. Cody said he looks up to Lesnar the same way his father Dusty Rhodes used to look up to Harley Race.
He said he has finally found his character, and who he truly is.
What Lesnar did for him, you have to earn it, and Cody said he thinks he has earned it.
– Bayley said Damage CTRL is happy they were able to dethrone Bianca Belair, after confronting her on their first night (as a group) last year at SummerSlam 2022.
– LA Knight said fans want WWE to strap the rocket to him right away, but he plans to strap the rocket himself.
Knight said a lot of people in his shoes would’ve quit a long time ago, but he doesn’t know how to quit.
A reported asked if LA Knight is scared if he’ll be able to make it to the top. LA said he didn’t ask any fan to cheer for him. LA said he reached this level because of himself and he will keep doing what he’s doing.
– Paul Heyman said he only agreed for another WWE run after his run with Brock Lesnar because he knew joining forces with Roman Reigns is the only way he’d out-do with he did with Lesnar.
– Triple H said tonight was the highest grossing SummerSlam and highest grossing PLE outside of WrestleMania.
– HHH said Brock Lesnar doesn’t get enough credit for being one of the greatest of all time. He implied that Lesnar hugging Rhodes and showing him respect wasn’t scripted, and it was a “holy sh*t” moment for himself, as well as the fans.
– The Game said Cody Rhodes’ rise continues and he delivers every time.
– HHH praised Ronda Rousey for putting over Shayna Baszler. He referred to Shayna as the new Baddest Woman on the Planet.
– He said Roman Reigns and The Bloodline always deliver.
– Triple H said he sees men & women in WWE the same way. Women main evented WrestleMania because they were the main event, not because WWE will get good PR that way.
– When asked how much creative input Vince McMahon has nowadays, Triple H said the reason why WWE is what it is today, it is because of Vince’s vision. So he does take Vince’s advice, but Vince isn’t involved in the creative day-to-day.
– When asked why United States Champion Austin Theory was in the SummerSlam Battle Royal, Triple H said ‘to win the Battle Royal’. The reporter then asked why Theory didn’t defend the US Title.
HHH said when you have enough talent and storylines, where you can fill up two nights of WrestleMania, you can’t put everyone on a one night show and not everyone can be on it.
Triple H said it’s important to have matches and storylines ready for upcoming events, because they have the Payback premium live event in a month and Fastlane after that.
– When asked what’s next for Finn Balor after losing to Seth Rollins at SummerSlam, Triple H said that’s what it is about. To him, that’s the point of all this – what’s next? When we get to the place where you’re asking “what’s next?”, that’s the best place to be.
New Video: Sunny Exposes Her Buns Backstage: