• Complete Results From Tonight’s SmackDown
– The Banger Bros (Drew McIntyre & Sheamus) def. The Viking Raiders to advance to the next round of the SmackDown Tag Team Title Tournament
– Sami Zayn said he didn’t know that The Usos would get involved in his match against Kevin Owens and that he felt slighted. Roman Reigns told Sami to get out of his locker room and that he doesn’t have to get his approval for anything.
– LA Knight def. Greg Jones
After the match, “Firefly Fun House” Bray Wyatt appeared on the titantron and warned LA that he opened the door and now whatever comes through is his problem.
– Hit Row def. Los Lotharios to advance to the next round of the SmackDown Tag Team Title Tournament
– Sonya Deville took out SmackDown Women’s Champion Charlotte Flair with a cheap shot rom behind.
– Imperium def. The Brawling Brutes to advance to the next round of the SmackDown Tag Team Title Tournament
– Another vignette was shown for Lacey Evans, titled “Operation Cobra Clutch”.
– Legado Del Fantasma def. Maximum Male Models to advance to the next round of the SmackDown Tag Team Title Tournament
– Roman Reigns & Kevin Owens had a Contract Signing for their Undisputed WWE Universal Championship Match at Royal Rumble 2023. Owens attacked The Bloodline and put Reigns through the Table.
— WWE (@WWE) January 21, 2023
WATCH: Revealing Video Of WWF Diva Chyna:
• ON THIS DAY IN WWE HISTORY (January 20, 2005) – WWE SmackDown!
On this day in 2005, World Wrestling Entertainment aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWE SmackDown!’.
It was broadcasted from the Bell Centre in Montreal, Quebec, Canada and featured pre-taped matches, interviews & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWE Royal Rumble 2005’ PPV.
Here’s the card:
The Basham Brothers vs. Eddie Guerrero & Booker T
Royal Rumble Qualifying Match: Scotty Too Hotty vs. Akio
Royal Rumble Qualifying Match: John Cena vs. Rene Dupree
Royal Rumble Qualifying Match: Rey Mysterio vs. Chavo Guerrero Jr.