• OLD SCHOOL VIDEO HISTORY (December 12, 1993) – WWF Wrestling Challenge
On this day in 1993, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Wrestling Challenge’.
It was broadcasted from Carbondale, Pennsylvania and featured pre-taped matches, interviews & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF Royal Rumble 1994’ PPV.
The card can be found right here:
– Tatanka vs. Reno Riggins
– Headshrinkers vs. Steve Smith & Frank Kanyak
– Doink The Clown vs. Glen Ruth
– Ludvig Borga vs. Greg Hatfield
– Crush vs. Mike Bucci
– Steiner Brothers vs. Iron Mike Sharpe & Mike Khoury
– Double J Promo
– Shawn Michaels vs. John Paul
• Current Plan For AJ Styles’ WrestleMania 35 Opponent
According to the No Holds Barred podcast, WWE officials are planning to book AJ Styles vs. Randy Orton at WrestleMania 35. No word yet on if it will be a Title or a non-Title match.
We noted last month via the Dirty Sheets that the original plan for WrestleMania 35 was for AJ Styles to defend the WWE Championship against Daniel Bryan, but then WWE decided to go with Styles vs. Orton for the WWE Championship at WrestleMania 35 (this would’ve been SmackDown’s WrestleMania 35 main event match). The plan then suddenly changed when WWE officials decided to put the WWE Title on Bryan after WWE couldn’t reach a new deal with AJ (they’re still negotiating).
So as of this writing, we can’t rule out the possibility of Styles vs. Orton being for the WWE Championship at WrestleMania 35.
We’ll keep you updated regarding this.