• On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (June 25, 2000) – WWF King of the Ring 2000
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on June 25, 2000, the World Wrestling Federation aired ‘King of the Ring 2000’ LIVE on PPV from the Fleet Center in Boston, Massachusetts.
This was the 8th annual “King of the Ring” pay-per-view out of 10 that aired from 1993 till 2002.
Other King of the Ring tournaments that were held in 1985-1989, 1991, 2006, 2008, 2010 & 2015 happened either during House Shows or during weekly TV shows.
Here are the PPV results:
– Quarter-Final match: Rikishi defeated Chris Benoit by DQ
– Quarter-Final match: Val Venis defeated Eddie Guerrero
– Quarter-Final match: Crash Holly defeated Bull Buchanan
– Quarter-Final match: Kurt Angle defeated Chris Jericho
– Fatal-4-Way elimination – WWF Tag Team Championship: Edge & Christian defeated Too Cool (c), The Hardy Boyz and T & A
– Semi-Final match: Rikishi defeated Val Venis
– Semi-Final match: Kurt Angle defeated Crash Holly
– WWF Hardcore Championship: Pat Patterson (c) vs. Gerald Brisco ended when Crash Holly pinned Patterson
– Handicap tables Dumpster match: D-Generation X defeated The Dudley Boyz
– Final match: Kurt Angle defeated Rikishi
– WWF Championship: The Rock & The Brothers of Destruction defeated The McMahon-Helmsley Faction
• Current Plan For Brock Lesnar’s Money In The Bank Cash-In
Brock Lesnar is set to successfully cash-in his Money In The Bank contract and become a World Champion in WWE once again.
However, Lesnar won’t cash-in on the Universal Champion. Multiple sources have confirmed that the plan is for Lesnar to successfully cash-in and become the new WWE Champion.
However, there are conflicting reports as to when the cash-in will occur.
According to Slice Wrestling, Lesnar will be the WWE Champion heading into SmackDown’s premiere on FOX, while The Dirty Sheets is reporting that Lesnar will cash-in on Kofi Kingston on SmackDown’s first night on FOX to win the WWE Championship.