Below are some top WWE & AEW news stories of the day:
– Many fans were expecting former 2-time NXT Champion Bron Breakker (son of WWE Hall of Famer Rick Steiner) to get drafted to RAW or SmackDown, but that didn’t happen.
The reason for that is WWE wants Breakker spend some more time on NXT after his recent heel turn, where he’s showing a new vicious side of him that fans are enjoying even more than his babyface character.
According to WRKD Wrestling, Breakker is expected to debut on the WWE main roster after SummerSlam 2023:
“Regarding Bron Breakker going undrafted; we’ve heard there were tentative plans to draft Bron to the main roster, but officials are so impressed with his heel persona, he remained in NXT to better cultivate his character.
There are tentative plans to call him up after SummerSlam.”
On May 28th at the NXT Battleground premium live event, Breakker will challenge Carmelo Hayes for the NXT Championship.
– Last Friday’s SmackDown drew 2.06 million viewers with a 0.52 rating in the 18-49 demo, which is down from previous week’s 2.47 million viewers with a 0.67 rating.
– Last Friday’s Rampage drew 294,000 viewers with a 0.09 rating in the 18-49 demo, which is slightly down from previous week’s 298,000 viewers with a 0.09 rating.
– Monday’s RAW drew 1.79 million viewers with a 0.51 rating in the 18-49 demo, which is up from last week’s 1.78 million viewers with a 0.54 rating.
– Tuesday’s NXT drew 601,000 viewers with a 0.17 rating in the 18-49 demo, which is up from last week’s 568,000 viewers with a 0.14 rating.