On this day in Pro Wrestling history on August 15, 2004, WWE SummerSlam 2004 took place. Randy Orton became the youngest World Heavyweight Champion in WWE history at this event. He was 24 years old at that time.
Also at the PPV, Kane won the right to marry Lita after defeating Matt Hardy, Edge retained the Intercontinental Title, JBL managed to retain the WWE Title against The Undertaker via DQ. Below are the results from the PPV:
– The Dudley Boyz def. Billy Kidman, Paul London, and Rey Mysterio
– Kane def. Matt Hardy and won the right to marry Lita.
– John Cena def. Booker T in the first match of a “Best of 5” series for the WWE United States Championship.
– Edge def. Chris Jericho & Batista to retain the WWE Intercontinental Championship.
– Kurt Angle def. Eddie Guerrero
– Triple H def. Eugene.
– The Raw Diva Search contestants def. Raw Divas in a Diva Dodgeball contest.
– John Bradshaw Layfield def. The Undertaker via DQ to retain the WWE Championship.
– Randy Orton def. Chris Benoit to win the World Heavyweight Championship and become the youngest World Champion in WWE history.
You can watch the highlights from this PPV below:
Keep scrolling down to read more WWE news and stories from the world of Professional Wrestling.