• OLD SCHOOL VIDEO HISTORY (January 29, 1989) – WWF Wrestling Challenge
On this day in 1989, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Wrestling Challenge’.
It was broadcasted from the Jefferson Civic Center in Birmingham, Alabama and featured pre-taped matches, promos & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF WrestleMania V’ PPV.
The card can be found right here:
– Bret Hart vs. Barry Horowitz
– The Powers of Pain vs. Dave Stoudimiere & Rick Allen
– Terry Taylor vs. Danny Davis
– Dino Bravo vs. Scott Casey
– Rick Martel vs. Dale Veasey
– The Bushwhackers vs. Scrubs
– King Haku vs. Josh Stroud
• Dean Ambrose Not Signing New WWE Deal – Leaving After WrestleMania 35
According to PWTorch, RAW wrestler Dean Ambrose is very frustrated with the creative direction for his character and wants to leave WWE when his contract expires in April after WrestleMania 35.
Ambrose was offered a new contract and a raise, but he informed Vince McMahon directly in a meeting that he wants to leave.
No word yet on what Ambrose plans to do after leaving WWE, but All Elite Wrestling might be an option now.
As we noted before, WWE originally planned to have Ambrose go after the new Universal Champion Seth Rollins (as he’s slated to defeat Brock Lesnar) after WrestleMania 35, with the feud most likely ending in a loss for Ambrose.
It’s possible that with Ambrose deciding to leave, WWE went ahead with Rollins defeating Ambrose clean on RAW last night.
Ambrose was then attacked by Nia Jax after the match.
Below are Ambrose’s accomplishments in WWE so far:
– 1x WWE Champion
– 3x Intercontinental Champion
– 2x RAW Tag Team Champion
– 1x United States Champion
– 1x Money In The Bank
– Triple Crown Champion
– Grand Slam Champion
We’ll keep you updated regarding Ambrose’s status.
WATCH: Brock Lesnar Throws The Universal Title At Vince McMahon Backstage At WrestleMania 34: