• OLD SCHOOL HISTORY (September 12, 1981) – Georgia Championship Wrestling
On this day in 1981, Georgia Championship Wrestling aired an episode of their weekly TV Show, also called ‘Georgia Championship Wrestling ‘.
The show featured pre-taped matches, interviews & storyline segments featuring several GCW Superstars, presented by Gordon Solie.
Here’s the card:
– George Wells & Steve O vs. Dave Forrester & Izzy Slapowitz
– Tor Kamata vs. Deke Rivers
– Harley Race vs. Rick Thor
– The Masked Superstar vs. Curtis Austin
– Ernie Ladd & Mike Sharpe vs. Ron Haven & Jerry Grey
– Brian Blair vs. Jose Medina
– Terry Gordy & Jimmy Snuka vs. Bobby Garrett & Bob Russell
– Ric Flair vs. Mark Watson
– Tor Kamata vs. Bruce Gallagher
– Mr. Wrestling #2 vs. Rick Benefield
– Tommy Rich, Kevin Von Erich & Michael Hayes vs. Tony Russo, Alex Reinoff & Snake Brown
– Brian Blair vs. Don Gilbert
• Charges Against Rick Rude’s Son Dropped, Rude’s Daughter Issues Statement
In an update to this situation, all charges against Richard have been dropped. Rick Rude’s daughter, Merissa Rood, exclusively confirmed this to us.
Merissa sent us the following statement regarding this situation:
“On behalf of The Rood family-
I would like to clarify that the accusations against my brother, Rick Rood, were proven false. As some of you may know September 3rd was the second anniversary of our youngest brother’s passing, (Colton Rood) which is no excuse for poor decisions, but when emotions are running high, stories have a tendency to be misconstrued and unfortunately that is what happened in this situation. However, after further investigation the charges in fact have been dropped. Thank you for understanding and God Bless.
– Merissa Rood”