Announcement: We have launched our ‘WrestleFeed’ App on both Android & iOS. We’re trying to create Wrestling’s own Social Media with it. Apart from all the wrestling news, videos & other updates on the app, we’re also going to do a ‘Wrestling Quiz’ every week before Monday Night RAW soon. The winner of that Quiz will win $100.
Please download our app now! Below are the download links:
Android – http://bit.ly/2IVQ3yU
iOS – https://apple.co/2Oido0R
As seen at SummerSlam 2018, “The Big Dog” Roman Reigns received a big pop when he defeated “The Beast Incarnate” Brock Lesnar for the Universal Championship.
However, some fans began speculating that WWE edited the reaction in Reigns’ favor (if that was the case they would’ve done it in 2015).
Chris Monroe sent the following live notes from SummerSlam 2018 to Wrestlinginc and these notes reveal what the exact reaction was:
“I was in the crowd at SummerSlam in Brooklyn. I want to note that the building was half full or less during the pre-show for Rusev’s match, which I felt was the wrong move by WWE. Rusev is way over with the crowd and a lot of people were mad that they missed him. He came on before 6 pm, while the tickets stated the show started at 6pm, so if you came after that you missed his match.
Below are notes from the show:
* The B Team was also really over with the Brooklyn crowd.
* The crowd was hot for the opening match of the main show. Drew got a huge pop from the crowd, way more over than Dolph Ziggler. I’m interested in seeing what they do with him leading into WrestleMania season. I feel he’s ready to be a main event star.
* Becky Lynch received one of the biggest pops when she turned on Charlotte. The crowd was clearly upset when she didn’t win, and this may be bad for Charlotte. I’m assuming this was supposed to be a heel turn, but that backfired. The crowd was behind Becky and booed Charlotte’s win.
* As noted before, the crowd chanted “TNA” during the AJ Styles vs. Samoa Joe match. Outside of that, the crowd was really into Summer Slam from the section I was in. The beach ball thing ended pretty early. Security was on top of that.
* Ronda Rousey received mixed reactions, but the majority was behind her. There wasn’t really a immediate pop after she won because I don’t think people expected the win so quickly.
* The IC title match was lukewarm. Jeff Hardy was working hard to keep the crowd into it. The crowd DID react to Hardy’s crazy senton on the apron, and were very concerned.
* The crowd was lit during the main event. People were standing for the first 5 minutes of the match. Adding Braun Strowman did help controlling the crowd, and when Roman won that was the biggest pop I heard for him in a long time out here in the NYC area. Anyone that tells you different is just trying to continue the hate for Roman. The pop could of been for different reasons, but at least it was a major pop. Not sure how it came across on TV, but WWE finally got their Roman moment!”
Below is a video of the live reaction for Reigns’ win:
— World Wrestling News (@WWENewsMafia) August 21, 2018
You can watch Roman Reigns defeating Brock Lesnar at SummerSlam 2018 below:
Roman Reigns at Summerslam 2018 pic.twitter.com/p68eJ9QJnY
— Roman (@Fileana2) August 20, 2018