11. SmackDown Live Star’s Main Event Push Cancelled? Two Money In The Bank Ladder Matches Announced
As we noted a few week’s back, former two time United States Champion Rusev demanded a WWE Championship match at Money In The Bank 2017 PPV. After Shane McMahon ignored his demand, Rusev noted that he’ll arrive on SmackDown Live to ask Shane personally.
However, Rusev didn’t come to SmackDown Live to demand anything and there has been no mention of him on SmackDown Live.
The reason behind this is that Rusev’s main event push has been halted for now due to Jinder Mahal capturing the WWE Championship from Randy Orton at Backlash 2017.
Speaking of Money In The Bank 2017, Jinder Mahal will defend the WWE Championship against Randy Orton in the main event and two Money in the Bank ladder matches will take place. Below is the match-card:
– WWE Championship Match: Jinder Mahal (c) vs. Randy Orton
– Men’s Money in the Bank Ladder Match: AJ Styles vs. Kevin Owens vs. Baron Corbin vs. Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Sami Zayn vs. Dolph Ziggler
– First Ever Women’s Money in the Bank Ladder Match: Charlotte Flair vs. Becky Lynch vs. Natalya vs. Carmella vs. Tamina Snuka
– SmackDown Tag Team Championship Match: The Usos (c) vs. The New Day