• Old School WWF Legend Celebrates His Birthday
Old School WWF Legend Mankind (Mick Foley) celebrates his 54th birthday today.
After doing several jobs as “Jack Foley” on WWF TV in 1986 & 1987, he joined Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling in 1990 and from that point onwards made a name for himself as “Cactus Jack”.
After spending some time in ECW from 1994 till early 1996, he signed a WWF contract and became known as “Mankind”, a character that received a great push, including a clean win over The Undertaker at the King of the Ring 1996 PPV.
In 1997, Foley also brought two other characters to the World Wrestling Federation: his alter egos “Cactus Jack” and “Dude Love”, thus becoming the only man in history, who officially entered 3 times in a single 30-man Royal Rumble match.
Despite his official retirement in 2000, Foley wrestled for several more years, including a final TNA run from 2008 to 2011, before he retired for real.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICK FOLEY!
• Favorites To Win Today’s Top 2 Matches At WWE Super ShowDown Revealed
WWE Super ShowDown 2019 PPV takes place today and WWE is promoting it as a WrestleMania equivalent PPV event.
Below is the complete match-card for tonight’s show:
– The Undertaker vs. Goldberg
– Triple H vs. Randy Orton
– Roman Reigns vs. Shane McMahon
– Universal Championship Match: Seth Rollins (c) vs. Baron Corbin
– Braun Strowman vs. Bobby Lashley
– WWE Championship Match: Kofi Kingston (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler
– Intercontinental Championship Match: “The Demon King” Finn Balor (c) vs. Andrade
– 50 Man Battle Royal
– 1 On 3 Handicap Match: Lars Sullivan vs. Lucha House Party
– Brock Lesnar cashes-in Money In The Bank contract
– KickOff Show: The Usos vs. The Revival
As seen in the above match-card, the top two matches of tonight’s PPV are The Undertaker vs. Goldberg and Triple H vs. Randy Orton.
The Undertaker is the favorite to win the “Dream Match” against Goldberg, while Randy Orton is the favorite to defeat “The Game” (in what might be their final battle against each other).
In other matches, Roman Reigns is expected to defeat Shane McMahon, Seth Rollins is expected to retain the Universal Title against Baron Corbin and Kofi Kingston is expected to defeat Dolph Ziggler and remain WWE Champion.