• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (December 7, 1985) – WWF Boston Garden Show
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on December 7, 1985, the World Wrestling Federation held a televised house show at the Boston Garden in Boston, Massachusetts.
The live event was televised on the local NESN channel with Gorilla Monsoon & Jesse Ventura doing commentary.
The card can be found here:
– Paul Roma vs. Barry O
– Tony Atlas vs. Moondog Spot
– Pedro Morales vs. Bob Orton Jr.
– Randy Savage vs. Ricky Steamboat
– Bruno Sammartino vs. Roddy Piper
– WWF Intercontinental Champion Tito Santana vs. Jesse Ventura
– Hercules vs. Scott McGhee
– Adrian Adonis vs. Lanny Poffo
– WWF Tag Team Champions The Dream Team vs. Brian Blair & Jim Brunzell
• FLASHBACK: “Triple H was hated by everyone backstage” – The Godfather
In this flashback article, we take a look at an old shoot interview with The Godfather, where he talked about how serious Triple H was for the wrestling business when he arrived in the WWF.
Below are the highlights:
Host: When did you notice that Triple H had some power? Did you notice his rise to power?
Godfather: Yeah, I remember telling Triple H in Boston, Massachusetts when nobody would…when he first came in, he wasn’t Triple H. He was Paul Levesque and nobody liked him.
Boys couldn’t stand him and I remember telling, I don’t know if he’ll remember this, but I remember telling him in Boston:
“Just hang in there. It takes a while for people to like it. Don’t be discouraged from these a$$holes. They’re just being mean.”
But he was smart. The minute he came in, he used to sit at the curtain and watch every match and critique every match and watch it. That’s somebody that’s serious that’s gonna watch every single match to watch what they’re doing, so when he works with them [it helps].
So he took it serious and if you take the business as serious as he did then your chances are…it doesn’t hurt to start dating the boss’s daughter, but I mean he took the business very serious and I never did.
WATCH: Stephanie McMahon’s Buns Exposed On Live TV: