• OLD SCHOOL VIDEO HISTORY (January 05, 1991) – NWA World Championship Wrestling
On this day in 1991, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘NWA World Championship Wrestling’.
This episode was pre-taped from the Center Stage Theatre Center in Atlanta, Georgia and featured matches & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WCW Wrestle War 1991’ PPV.
The card of the show can be found here:
– Sid Vicious vs. Pablo Crenshaw
– Interview: Rip Rogers
– Brian Pillman vs. Rip Rogers
– Clip: Z-Man vs. Arn Anderson Title Change; Interview W/Zenk
– Bobby Eaton vs. Reno Riggins
– Interview: Terry Taylor
– Renegade Warriors vs. Ed Brock & Chuck Coats
– The Minotaur vs. Man Mountain Bailey
– Lex Luger vs. Mike Sample
– Michael Wallstreet vs. Greg Sawyer
– Interview: Wallstreet & Alexandra York
– Z-Man vs. Dr. X
– Clips: Freebirds Int / Steiner vs. Hayes
– Freebirds vs. Keith Hart & Jamie McKinnon
– Interview: Norman The Lunatic
– WCW Classics: Sting vs. Ric Flair (Clash I) W/ Interviews with Both
– Arn Arnderson vs. Terry Taylor
– Interview: Lawrence Taylor
– Tim Horner vs. George South
– Interview: Paul E. Dangerously & Missy Hyatt
WATCH: Lana, Nia Jax & Paige’s Sexy Dance Practice:
• Flashback: WWF Veteran Says Bret Hart Was The Greatest World Champion Of All Time
In this flashback article, we take a look at an old shoot interview with late WWF Veteran Viscera, where he talked about working with smaller guys, working under Bret “Hitman” Hart & more.
Below are the highlights:
Host: You prefer working with big guys like yourself or the smaller guys?
Viscera: Absolutely prefer the David versus Goliath because it always works. It’s so easy. I just had a match with Kevin Nash a few weeks ago and we were discussing it, how we as big guys can have better matches with smaller guys like Shawn Michaels or whatever because it just makes for a better match. It’s like, it’s not so much you can do with like a Kevin Nash versus Big Daddy V. I mean he’ll never powerbomb me. It makes it a little bit more difficult.
Host: What are your thoughts on Bret “Hitman” Hart as World Champion?
Viscera: It’s just my opinion, but I worked under the man and I think that he was the best champion of all time. I mean as far as international reports like he’s a god man in other countries, you know, people used to follow us around like we were the Beatles back then. It was truly like that. Working under Bret Hart was some of the best times of my life, man.
Host: Other performers have also said when they worked with Bret Hart, he was a guy in there that took care of you. He’ll never hurt you.
Viscera: Yeah, he was a leader. He was a true leader, man. He was one of the only guys to ever stand up and say something about no marijuana. He’d tell me I can’t do it. I mean, he stood up in a meeting and did that. And that’s a leader.
Host: How serious do you think he took himself as far as being a role model?
Viscera: It was real to him. He was a hero, man. I mean he took it to heart. Bret is a guy that commands respect and the kids love him. He did his thing. God bless Bret.