– Updated Rules For The War Games Match
As we noted before, this month’s NXT TakeOver event will feature the return of the War Games match.
WWE posted the following regarding the updated rules for the match:
Official WarGames Match rules for NXT TakeOver
The WarGames Match returns at NXT TakeOver: WarGames in Houston, and WWE.com has the official rules for the massive three-team showdown.
It has been a while – almost 20 years, in fact – since fans have been able to experience a live WarGames Match, so consider this a refresher course. There are also a few added wrinkles to this epic match that you may not see when watching past WarGames clashes on the award-winning WWE Network.
The rules of the match are as follows:
* The three-member teams of SAnitY (Eric Young, Alexander Wolfe & Killian Dain), Undisputed ERA (Adam Cole, Bobby Fish & Kyle O’Reilly), and The Authors of Pain (Akam & Rezar) & Roderick Strong will wage war inside a massive steel cage that surrounds TWO rings.
* All three teams will be contained inside separate shark cages by the entranceway, with a member from each team (as chosen by his respective squad) starting the match.
* After five minutes, the remaining members from one team will be released from their shark cage and allowed to enter the match.
* When another three-minute period elapses, the remaining members from a second team are released from their shark cage and enter the match.
* Following another three-minute period, the final team’s members are released from their shark cage and enter the match.
* Once all three teams have entered the WarGames Match, a victory can be attained via pinfall or submission.
Don’t miss the historic return of the WarGames Match at NXT TakeOver: WarGames in Houston on Saturday, Nov. 18, at 8 ET/5 PT, streaming live on WWE Network.
– Hulk Hogan & The Rock Talk About Their WrestleMania 18 Match
Old School WWF Legends Hulk Hogan and The Rock had the following exchange on Twitter regarding their historic WrestleMania 18 match:
— Hulk Hogan (@HulkHogan) October 31, 2017
Thank you legend. And thanks for trust and fun that night. We broke records in Toronto so everyone wins. (I still have scars from the belt;) https://t.co/zArYle68ZX
— Dwayne Johnson (@TheRock) November 2, 2017
Yo Rock,your the best in the trenches with your instinct and your heart my brother respect/love4Life. HH
— Hulk Hogan (@HulkHogan) November 2, 2017
– Former Champion Days Away From Returning To WWE
During a recent interview with TMZ Sports, former WWE Champion Alberto Del Rio revealed that former WWE Divas Champion Paige is days away from returning to WWE.
Below is what he said:
“I left that place and I don’t have any interest in going back.
She’s (Paige) getting ready to return to WWE. She’s in Orlando at the moment. She’s been there for the last six weeks.
It’s going to happen pretty soon. I cannot give you any more details because I will get her in trouble. They told her to lay low and not to talk too much about it.
She’s probably days away from going back to WWE and doing something in the ring.”
You can watch the interview below: