• Viewership For Tribute To The Troops 2017 Revealed
This year’s Tribute To The Troops show on the USA Network drew 1.40 million viewers. This is up from previous year’s 1.31 million viewers. Below are the results from the show:
– The Shield def. Samoa Joe & Raw Tag Team Champions Cesaro & Sheamus
– SmackDown Women’s Champion Charlotte Flair def. Carmella & Ruby Riott
– SmackDown Tag Team Champions The Usos & The New Day def. Chad Gable, Shelton Benjamin, Rusev & Aiden English
– Absolution def. Mickie James, Bayley & Sasha Banks
– WWE Champion AJ Styles, Randy Orton & Shinsuke Nakamura def. Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn & Jinder Mahal
Below is the viewership for all WWE shows on the USA Network during the “WWE Week On The USA”:
Raw: 2.68 million
SmackDown Live: 2.48 million
NXT: 0.84 million
Tribute To The Troops: 1.40 million
• Former Women’s Champion Says She Felt Suicidal After Being Raped
Former WWE Women’s Champion Melina noted on Social Media that she felt suicidal after being raped. Below is what she posted on Twitter:
Been raped, been grabbed, been cornered and told things that a guy wants to do to me even though I told him to stop. All unwanted. All made me feel helpless, uncomfortable & scared of what's going to happen next. Different levels but ALL WRONG regardless.
— MELINA (@RealMelina) December 16, 2017
Below is what she posted on Instagram:
“Granted being cornered to get harassed & being grabbed didnt lead me to want to commit suicide like rape did but all were life altering. All made me feel like I had no power, I wasn’t safe, I had no value and I wasn’t a human being. That I was simply a thing. My worth, my purpose, my existence altered.
If I say anything I’m a liar, exaggerating or looking for attention. So many suffer this helplessness in silence. Which I did for years. … I’m not looking to point fingers, I want to educate people on the subject, be here for victims and get those suffering in silence on the path to recovery.
$exual assault doesn’t just happen to women. Like Safe Horizon posted on Twitter: … “$exual assault doesn’t discriminate and neither should we. #MeToo has to include women of color, immigrants, LGBTQ, people living with disabilities, children and teenagers, the elderly, and yes, men and boys.”… Sadly this happens to more people than we realize. It effects us ALL.”