4. On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (July 18, 2010) – Money In The Bank 2010
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on July 18, 2010, WWE Money in the Bank 2010 PPV took place from the Sprint Center in Kansas City, Missouri. At this PPV, Kane became SmackDown’s Mr. Money in the Bank at this event and made history by becoming the first man to cash-in on the same night and defeated Rey Mysterio to become the new World Heavyweight Champion.
This was Kane’s 1st World Title reign since 1998 (when he won the WWF Title by defeating Stone Cold Steve Austin in a First Blood match at King of the Ring 1998 PPV). This was the only title change at the PPV. The Miz became Raw’s Mr. Money in the Bank. Sheamus successfully defended his WWE Title in a Steel Cage match against John Cena. Nexus interfered during this match.Below are the results from the PPV:
– Kane def. Big Show, Matt Hardy, Christian, Kofi Kingston, Cody Rhodes, Drew McIntyre and Dolph Ziggler to become SmackDown’s Mr. Money in the Bank.
– Alicia Fox def. Eve Torres to retain the WWE Divas Title
– The Hart Dynasty def. The Usos to retain the Unified WWE Tag Team Titles
– Rey Mysterio def. Jack Swagger to retain the World Heavyweight Title
– Kane def. Rey Mysterio to win the World Heavyweight Championship (MITB Cash-In)
– Layla def. Kelly Kelly to retain the WWE Women’s Title
– The Miz def. Randy Orton, Chris Jericho, Edge, Evan Bourne, John Morrison, Mark Henry, and Ted DiBiase to become Raw’s Mr. Money in the Bank.
– Sheamus def. John Cena in a Steel Cage match to retain the WWE Title.
You can watch the highlights from this PPV below: