• OLD SCHOOL HISTORY (June 17, 1989) – NWA PRO Wrestling
On this day in 1989, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘NWA PRO Wrestling’.
This episode featured pre-taped matches & storyline segments on the road to the ‘NWA The Great American Bash 1989’ PPV.
The card can be found below:
– Wild Bill Irwin vs. Bob Emory
– Video: Dynamic Dudes
– New Zealand Militia vs. George South/Mike Justice
– Interview: Michael Hayes
– Dick Murdoch vs. Lee Scott
– Ranger Ross vs. The Raider
– Dynamic Dudes vs. Snake Brown/Keith Steinborn
– Interview: Mike Rotunda
– Ricky Santana vs. Trent Knight
– Sid Vicious vs. Dwayne Bruce
– Scott Steiner vs. Mike Rotunda
• Former WWE Diva Reveals That Vince McMahon Taught Her Striptease Dance
During a recent interview with Chris Van Vliet, former WWE Divas Champion Kelly Kelly talked about her early days in WWE when she used to do striptease dances.
She revealed that Vince McMahon personally taught her what moves she needed to do during those striptease dances.
Below is what Kelly Kelly said:
“Paul Heyman called me and said we have this idea and it’s this gimmick and you’re gonna come out and you’re gonna do this striptease and then your jealous boyfriend is gonna come out and wrap you in a towel. Vince is like ‘it’ll be fine, I’ll teach you the moves’. I was like ‘well, whatever I have to do get my foot in the door’.
My first day, I remember Triple H and Vince were all in the room and they were just like ‘alright, these are just the basic moves that we need’. I’m like sitting there and I’m watching Vince McMahon, who I watched when I was 13 years old and I just idolized, and he’s got a chair and he swings his jacket around.”
You can watch a clip of Kelly Kelly’s vintage striptease in WWE below: